We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Did you know sugar is just as addictive as cocaine? And yet we start feeding sugar to our children basically from birth. Sugar is so socially acceptable that we tend to over consume. It is a reward for our children but even more scary is that it is found in all kinds of foods we would not expect to find them in. One of the reasons sugar is so hard to quit is the terrible sugar cravings. So it is important to know of a few ways to stop the cravings when you decide it is time to quit sugar.
10 Reasons to Quit Sugar Today
- Sugar is considered the top contributor to heart attacks and heart disease. A healthier heart will increase your quality of life and help prolong your life. Quit sugar to live longer!
- Sugar is linked to acne and wrinkles. Elastin and collagen are especially vulnerable to sugar when you damage these your skin pays the price.
- Eating sugar causes a sugar rush and then, of course, a crash this cycle makes you have far less energy. If you quit sugar you will find more energy!
- Sugar feeds cancer cells, that is something we all know. Quitting sugar may lower your cancer risk.
- Detox the sugar out of your digestive tract can improve your overall health. Quitting sugar can give you a much healthier digestive system.
- Excessive sugar consumption can disrupt your sleep patterns. Sleep better and feel more rested when you cut sugar out of your diet.
- Keep your pearly whites healthy and beautiful sugar promotes tooth decay. Less sugar in your body means healthier, happier smiles!
- Raise your hand if you want a flatter tummy!! Now cut the sugar out of your diet and watch your weight stabilize.
- Excessive sugar is toxic to the body and is often responsible for non-alcoholic fatty liver. Protect your liver by avoiding sugar.
- Eating sugar not only increases sugar cravings but it can also leave you feeling hungry all the time.
5 Ways to Stop Sugar Cravings
- Drink a glass of water. Being a little dehydrated can cause you to crave something sweet. So next time you are scouring the kitchen for something sweet reach for a glass of water. Avoid any artificially sweetened beverages, they tend to trigger more cravings. But, a nice glass of water can cleanse your mouth and help alleviate sugar cravings.
- Have a piece of fruit can really help curb sugar cravings. Strawberries and blackberries are a really good option to tame the sugar cravings. They are both high in fiber and low in sugar. Having a small amount of natural sugar can stop your sugar cravings.
- Load up on protein at every meal to help balance your blood sugar. Peaks and valleys in blood sugar levels cause sugar cravings. Filling up on protein will also help keep you fuller longer making it easier to resist those sweet treats later in the day.
- We are all walking around so sleep deprived nowadays. When you are not getting enough sleep the hormones that regulate your appetite are suppressed. This makes it harder for your body to read hunger signals. You are hungry and tired so you are always searching for that energy fix, sugar! So get some sleep at night to stop sugar cravings during the day.
- End sugar cravings with the help of supplements. Try Emulin. After 7 years of research two passionate scientists came up with this amazing product. It is the only patented carbohydrate manager and sugar controller. It is helping many people to quit sugar and stop sugar cravings.
Cutting sugar out of your diet diet is a huge step towards healthier living. If you would like help and encouragement to live a healthier life come join us on Facebook!