We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Halloween is for the kids. It is supposed to be a fun time running house to house getting lots of treats. For some kids that is not the reality. For children living with diabetes holidays, like Halloween, can be tricky and upsetting. Imagine going trick or treating only to not be able to eat any of those treats, not so fun. To make things a little more inclusive try handing out these sugar free Halloween treats for diabetic kids. Not only will all those littles dealing with diabetes be thrilled to have some Halloween treats they can actually enjoy, it won’t hurt any of the kids to have a little less sugar at Halloween.
Sugar Free Halloween Treats for Diabetic Kids
- Hot Rods:Hot rods are conveniently packaged and individually wrapped making them perfect for dropping in to little tricker treaters bags. They are an excellent treat for diabetic kids as they are high in protein and low in carbs and sugar.
- Rainbow Gold Fish Crackers:Snack sized rainbow Gold Fish crackers are a great alternative to high sugar treats. They are bright and colourful making them fun to eat and kids love them!
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds:Nothing says Halloween like roasted pumpkin seeds. Buy small sized packages and send trick or treaters on their way with a healthy sugar free treat!
- Cheese String:Cheese strings are sugar free and oh so yummy! They not only taste good but kids can have fun peeling through the layers and making cheesy creations.
- Air Popped Popcorn:Air popped popcorn with a little salt can make a great treat for diabetic trick or treaters. If you are buying pre-popped watch the ingredients as there could be hidden sugar in some brands.
These are some amazing sugar free Halloween treats for diabetic kids as well as healthy alternatives for all children. If you are looking for a great natural supplement to help little bodies manage sugar better check out Emulin. It is an amazing sugar chaperone for all people.