We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
It is possible to reduce chronic inflammation in the body with food and exercise. First, let’s talk about what inflammation is. When most of us think of inflammation we think of some slight swelling that will go away eventually. Unfortunately, that is not how all inflammation works. Acute inflammation is good, it is out bodies response to injury or irritation to the system. It helps protect our body as it heals. In this way, you can see, inflammation is beneficial. However, when your body is in constant fight mode you end up with chronic inflammation. Learn how you can reduce chronic inflammation in the body with food and and exercise.
Reduce Chronic Inflammation with Exercise
Chronic inflammation happens when your body is stuck in a constant state of over alertness. This can be caused from lack of exercise. When you start exercising and moving your muscles you body releases a protein which helps reduce chronic inflammation by blocking certain inflammation triggers. The longer you work out the more protein your body releases, the less chronic inflammation you have. Exercise is a natural anti-inflammatory with low side effects and should be a part of any inflammatory treatment. Here are a few exercises that are easy to do that can help with inflammation
- Go for a walk. Walking sends fresh blood and oxygen throughout your body. It also pumps the lymphatic system for waste removal and gently restores your digestive system which really helps reduce inflammation.
- Yoga and meditation is a great way to induce physical and mental relaxation. This is extremely helpful when you are trying to reduce inflammation. (Check out these yoga poses to reduce inflammation)
- Foam rolling exercises are not just good for strengthening your core they can also reduce inflammation and help relax sore muscles. To reduce inflammation with a foam roller lie on the roller and allow gravity to apply pressure to muscles.
Reduce Chronic Inflammation with Foods
The foods we eat can have a huge impact on the inflammation in our bodies. Certain foods such as food high in refined carbs and sugars and processed foods cause our bodies to be inflamed. Refined and processed foods trigger our bodies defenses and cause inflammation as our bodies fight to process these foods. Just as some foods can cause inflammation, other foods can help reduce inflammation. Real, whole unprocessed foods contain powerful properties to help our body function properly.
Here are a few top foods to reduce inflammation:
- Papaya, contains protein digesting enzymes which help reduce inflammation.
- Blueberries are rich in phytonutrients that are high in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds.
- Broccoli is a highly nutritious veggie that contains anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer phytonutrients which help relieve inflammation and battle allergies.
Combining exercise with eating a healthy, whole food, balanced diet low in refined sugar and carbs will be a big help in reducing the chronic inflammation in your body.If you are struggling with inflammation I have found that Emulin has made a huge difference for me. To learn more about Emulin click here.
Come follow me on Pinterest for great recipes that help fight inflammation and more helpful tips on how to reduce chronic inflammation in the body with food and exercise.