We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Dealing with digestive issues can be a real pain! Avoiding certain foods will definitely help and adding in some foods good for digestion will be helpful as well.
Some digestive issues can be caused from inflammation in your digestive tract. This inflammation can cause pain and discomfort and also make your digestive system sluggish. Reducing inflammation in your body can be as helpful as eating foods good for digestion.
Eating regular meals and snacks throughout the day and avoiding eating right before bed can help aid in digestion. Being upright, active and including a variety of foods good for digestion helps your digestive system to work properly and reduces the risk of heartburn.
Following these few basic tips nutrition tips can also be beneficial:
- Fill your plate half full with fruits and vegetables at every meal. Loading up on fruits and veggies is very important for digestion. Leafy, dark green vegetables like spinach and kale are great for supporting your digestive system.
- Reach for healthy, wholesome, unprocessed foods in small portions. If you are filling up on processed foods that are full of empty carbs not only will you be hungry quickly but you could also experience unpleasant digestive issues. It is best to fill up on one ingredient foods that are wholesome and unprocessed.
- Eat lean protein such as chicken, fish or even egg. Get creative and add chicken breast, a hard boiled egg or tuna to your salad at lunch. Also try to add more plant based protein like quinoa and chia seeds. Chia seeds work especially well for digestive issues as they are very high in fibre.
- And most importantly get rid of pop and sweetened beverages. The high amounts of sugar found in pop and juice makes it difficult for your stomach to break down protein. This causes undigested protein to clog your intestines and it becomes a breeding ground for bacteria. Definitely not good for digestive issues.
These few steps can help you on your way to proper digestion. If you are suffering with digestive issues these 5 foods can also offer some relief.
- High fibre foods such as chia seeds, Brussels sprouts and broccoli will aid in digestion and help with digestive issues.
- Foods rich in probiotics like kombucha, sauerkraut and yogurt helps to replenish the good bacteria in your gut. This good bacteria helps you to digest foods properly.
- Bananas are a must if you are having digestive problems. They are good for restoring bowel function and are rich in potassium and electrolytes. These both help restore good digestive health.
- Ginger is a spice that has been used for many, many years for digestive issues. 2-3 grams a day can help with nausea, gas and overall digestive fuction.
- Lemon water is also especially helpful when you are struggling with digestive issues. Lemon is a good source of vitamin C and water helps facilitate digestion.
If you are looking for more ways to improve your digestion check out Klamax. It is a natural supplement that is proving to help with digestive issues and more.
Looking for more tips on living healthy? Come join me on Facebook!!